Roland or Mimaki?

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
Andre

Roland or Mimaki?

Post by Andre » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:41 pm

I am thinking to buy a new UV flatbed printer, last weeks i saw the Mimaki 3042/6042 and Roland LEF 200/300. THere are some difference between these printer, it is very difficult.

THe print quality of Roland and Mimaki is similar but the ink cost of Roland is much higher and the speed of Roland is slower. The Mimaki can not print bi directional and have stackered heads, do some tests on the roland 300 bi directional, quality is not very good. I think is better print in uni print.

At these moment i have 3 Roland UV printers 1x LEF 12 and 2xLEF20. The LEF 12 we noow selling and chokes then for a new Roland of Mimaki.

What do you prefer Roland, Mimaki or another, we printing a lot of promotional products and need more capacity.

revolution-digital
Location: The Factory, North Avenue, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3QX

Re: Roland or Mimaki?

Post by revolution-digital » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 am

You are a Roland user? You should have answered your own question.

You would have to learn a new Rip and keep different inks on the shelf and not have the renowned Roland support.
Kind Regards

Jan

revolution-digital.co.uk
01530 510080

proud to be a Roland reseller

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Roland or Mimaki?

Post by mrtn » Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I have just learned from my customer who opted for the Mimaki, that it has serious ink curing issues. Still not solved for several months. They're really disappointed with it. Also the max print quality is lower than in Roland (that's my observation).
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram