RF-640 vs VG-640

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
wrappingSI

RF-640 vs VG-640

Post by wrappingSI » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm

We are about to refresh our equipment, got a pretty good deal for our Mutoh ValueJet 1624 printer and Mutoh ValueCut 1800 cutter.

We have 2 options: (both options costs us the same)
1. Roland RF-640 + Summa S2 T160
2. Roland VG-640
As we are changing our equipment rarely, we really would like to make a choice that we will be 100% satisfied with and not regreting it and we need as much information/suggestion/reasons/... as we can get to help us make a smart choice. Below Im listing some our prioraties/facts..

- Our primary product is vehicle wrapping (50% color changes, 50% printed designs)
- print/cut quality is more important than speed
- we have more than enough space for seperated print/cut machines
- whitening when vinyl streching is a big factor (diferent colours in these 2 roland printers)
- we dont do huge volume (max 2 or 3 vehicle wrap prints per week)
- we are not going to print white or metalic, will go eather 2xcmyk or cmyk+light configuration

If you need any other information about us to give better suggestion, by all means, please ask.
Thanks to each and everyone for the help.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: RF-640 vs VG-640

Post by mrtn » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Pretty sure Roland ink has a better color gamut. I sold a VG in a similar situation where customer had done a difficult test file on all major competitors and a 7-color VG beat all competitors by a huge margin. It's been working for a year now and the customer is happy.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Rob Goleniowski

Re: RF-640 vs VG-640

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm

I'd be tempted to go with the RF-640 and a cutter as if you are laminating most of your work then it potentially will give you a more versatile workflow with the separate cutter as when you are not doing vehicles, you could use the RF-640 to rattle out banners and other prints when your cutter is cutting. A VG-640 is an amazing printer, but I think I'd go RF if I was in your position...

Just as an extra option, right now we have a great package available with the RF-640 and one of our new GR-640 vinyl cutters which would have a great workflow as both items can be driven out of VersaWorks Dual, so moving from printer to cutter is a simple case of drag and drop (https://www.rolanddg.co.uk/sites/sign-a ... 017/offers).
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski