I am looking for the right printer for wallpaper

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
fd422

I am looking for the right printer for wallpaper

Post by fd422 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi , i have an enquiry and need help..
My business is on printing wallpaper inside homes and offices decoration , I want to now what is the best ( eco solvent ) printer for printing wallpaper and mural wallpaper in terms of printing accuracy and expand the gradient for all colors , Also i want to now what is the best for wallpaper cutting sides perfectly side by side ? is it by the same printer or by other machine such as ( fotoba xy cutter) .

notice : I want the printer and the right and economic way to produce and cut the wallpaper and mural wallpaper sides accurately and high quality ready for installation .

Rob Goleniowski

Re: I am looking for the right printer for wallpaper

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Mon May 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi and thanks for the post.

Wallpaper and wall graphics are an application that is already frequently produced on Roland machines, and the majority of people tend to look either at the VersaEXPRESS RF-640 for a mid-range and lower investment solution, or the SolJet EJ-640 for those wanting higher production.

The RF-640 is a great 4 colour machine and will print on a range of wall covering materials, both pasteable, pre-pasted or self adhesive. There are also a number of outdoor wall covering media's that work brilliantly with the RF-640 thanks to it's EcoSol max eco-solvent inks.

If you want something a little faster or a machine with the ability to produce in 7 colours for better graduations, skin tones and black & white images, you can look at the SolJet EJ-640 which can either be a high speed 4 colour machine or a high quality 7 colour. You also have the benefit of the EJ-640 using bulk 1 litre inks for lower ink costs and longer unattended print runs, with the added bonus of there currently being a good saving available on the EJ-640...

As for XY cutters, something like a FOTOBA would be perfect and the best way to avoid manual trimming. You also have the benefit that Roland VersaWorks Dual which is supplied with every RF-640 and EJ-640 can automatically generate FOTOBA cut lines meaning that the workflow of printing then cutting is very straight forward.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions then just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski