Take-up unit

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
Peter Simons

Take-up unit

Post by Peter Simons » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Was wondering whether anyone could advise me as to whether it is worth purchasing the take-up unit when buying a printer?

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Re: Take-up unit

Post by Adam Wyles » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 am

You always need to consider a Take up as it will in many cases allow you to leave the printer running, especially if you have large banner work to produce as you do not want your finished print touching the floor and picking up dust or dirt.
If you have a printer/Cutter from the VS range then the take up works with Print and Cut, so even if you have a longer than normal print and cut job the take up will allow the VS to print a given length of you job, wind the media back in, cut and then wind onto the take up allowing the next stage of your job to print and repeat the process.
However, I do think it would be good to hear from some of the Forum users to give you their experiences as they will be using their printers in production......
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1

EricT

Post by EricT » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I have a take-up with my VP-540 and it does give me the freedom to leave the machine running with longer jobs when I need to be elsewhere. It is also good for space saving as I don't need to leave lots of room for print to hang out the machine. The roller bar system on the Roland take-up works perfectly as well (much better than the reflector and beam system on older units) and has been very reliable - something I have not heard the same about when it comes to the slip-clutch take-ups....

I would love to be able to print & cut on the take-up like you can on this the VS however, so I shall have to see what is in the kitty...

Eric

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi Peter

Just wondering if you had any more thoughts about the take-up units?

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski