Draining ink on a VS-300i

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
DV-LTD

Draining ink on a VS-300i

Post by DV-LTD » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm moving the VS-300i tomorrow, and I thought I was prepared...

Just gone to try and remove the ink (as it's going down some stairs), and I cannot work out how to do it.. there isn't a "Pump-up" option, and int he online manual it says Menu > Sub Menu > Ink Control > Circulate Ink... but on my control panel I don't have the Circulate Ink option.

Any ideas how I can drain the ink, I don't have cleaning carts, but will be starting it all back up the same day, so I was told I could drain it, move it, start back up.

Help! :?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Draining ink on a VS-300i

Post by mrtn » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:41 pm

There's circulate only if you have white or metallic installed. There has to be pump up in there.

DV-LTD

Post by DV-LTD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks mrtn,

Ah okay, I'm CMYK x2, no white or metallic.

So, should I just leave it then, lock the head in place.. and keep the ink carts installed, move it with ink carts down the stairs first?

Be very glad when it's done.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am

I would do it like that. Your captop needs to be in a very good condition for that. If there's even the slightest air leak you may have a bit of a spill or missing nozzles.

Use the original head carriage clamp to lock it in place. Some tape won't cut it. Ask your dealer if they can lend you two dummy cartridges, then combined with your existing ones you can insert those in place of the cartridges. Needs to be inserted in the correct position.

DV-LTD

Post by DV-LTD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 am

I've got the head clamp, so I'll fix that on.

Not sure how good my captop is, hopefully it's okay!

I would have rather emptied it out, but it seems I can't and I'm moving it in about 5 hours, so no chance of getting any cleaning carts, just the normal ink carts are installed. I have the set of foam dummy carts.