Sp300v cyan print head printing black through a few nozzles?

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
Badyeti

Sp300v cyan print head printing black through a few nozzles?

Post by Badyeti » Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 am

Hi all, hoping someone more knowledgeable can help, I've been having a few problems with my sp300 showing banding in the feed direction, mostly in blues and purples.

I've done all the usual stuff like checking the feed etc but when I did a nozzle check I noticed the very bottom nozzles of the cyan row were showing up black? I've tried cleaning, new dampers, replaced the cap tops, and the issue seems to be getting worse. To begin with i could get around it somewhat by printing some stuff on higher quality because the extra passes disguised it enough but it's got to the point where even that's impossible and the last nozzle check showed multiple rows being contaminated. Is the problem likely to be in the head itself or is the head just receiving the wrong info from a chip somewhere? I'll try and attach a couple of pics for reference.

Thanks!
Steve

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Sp300v cyan print head printing black through a few nozzles?

Post by mrtn » Fri May 12, 2017 9:47 am

Sounds like an internal leak in the KC head. Has the machine had a head crash in media?

SP-300V heads are extremely durable and usually last years without any issues, I even have machines with original heads since new printing perfectly.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Badyeti

Post by Badyeti » Fri May 12, 2017 9:49 am

hopefully they work and they make what I'm saying a little clearer, the linear black lines are a just visible in the cyan colour stripe,
colour bands 1.jpg
nozzle check1.jpg
nozzle check 2.jpg
thanks in advance

steve

Badyeti

Post by Badyeti » Fri May 12, 2017 9:52 am

no head crash as far as I'm aware, the vinyl has separated from its backing and the head has brushed the bubble it created once or twice but I didn't think that would have been enough to cause internal damage?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 am

Not usually but if medium cleaning does not sort it then it's very likely an internal leak.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Badyeti

Post by Badyeti » Fri May 12, 2017 9:59 am

no cleaning of any sort seems to have any effect! :/ I had a horrible feeling that might be the case! thanks for the fast replies!

steve

Badyeti

Post by Badyeti » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Just thought I'd update this and say I fitted a new head and that seems to have fixed the colour bleed but not the banding issue, I'll start a new thread on that.

Steve