Eco Sol Maxx Ink Safety Question

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
Craig.D

Eco Sol Maxx Ink Safety Question

Post by Craig.D » Sat May 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi All,

In the process of buying a SP540i and am looking to possibly locate the printer in a medium sized upstairs spare bedroom initially and after a year or so invest in a purpose built garden office/print shop out in the garden.

My question is, as the ink is solvent based, is it safe to do this with no adverse health affects to myself or family, or is it a no no and that the printer should be located away from any living area/quarters.

Many thanks in advance.

Craig

weevee

Re: Eco Sol Maxx Ink Safety Question

Post by weevee » Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi Craig. I've been running my solvent-ink BN20 in a bedroom for over two years with no problems at all. No mess, no smell & no adverse health effects; but for the noise it makes during self-cleaning I'd hardly know it was there.

Steve

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat May 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Roland eco-solvent ink is very likely the safest on the market. With adequate ventilation it is okay, even if you can open the window. You shouldn't run a wide format solvent printer in a non-ventilated space due to ink vapor build-up to the level of irritation. If you can shut the door between the rest of the house for the time of full coverage printing then it's perfectly fine.

BN-20 is okay anywhere as it has very little throughput.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Craig.D

Post by Craig.D » Sun May 14, 2017 11:00 pm

thanks guys, that puts my mind at rest.