Cutter issues. Blade stuck in up position.

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
maryjjean

Cutter issues. Blade stuck in up position.

Post by maryjjean » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 am

Hi there! I have owned my BN20 for over a year now without any problems. It was bought second hand at an auction so it is not under warranty. My issue started about 3 months ago when transfers I printed and cut weren't being cut even though the blade went through the motions. The blade normally goes up and down but when it fails to cut the blade seems to be stuck up. I usually just have to restart the printer and the problem rectifies itself. I spoke to a technician when I last got the printer serviced but he couldn't give me any suggestions as to why this happens. When it happened again recently, restarting the printer failed to fix it, so I called my Roland agent. He suggested that it was a communication problem between versa works and the printer and to try disconnecting the computer. That worked but it has happened again and this time all the tricks have failed to work. I have uninstalled all the programmes and reinstalled them. Disconnected my printer, rebooted it, cleaned it, replaced blades but nothing seems to be releasing the blade. Does anyone have any suggestions or reasons why this is happening? I can't get any work done. Help!!

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Cutter issues. Blade stuck in up position.

Post by mrtn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Does it happen more often in specific places on the cutting area? Left, right or middle?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram