Roland BN20 and Eco-Sol Max inks.

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
FLG

Roland BN20 and Eco-Sol Max inks.

Post by FLG » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 pm

So everything is goign wrong with my printer at the moment and I am getting pretty fed up with whe whole thing! Perhaps some would say it serves me right! :)

The machine has been running with Ink-Teck 440ml cartridges. I am finding that the machine can't really draw all the ink from these cartridges as the first issue and possible they are the reason why I am having trouble getting the machine printing correctly now. Having had problems with ink washes etc I need to get back to basics.

So I am looking to purchase genuine inks again. Previous to the Ink-Teck inks I had Eco-Sol Max ESL3 cartridges. Should I now be looking at the latest Eco-Sol Max 3 ESL5 cartridges or should I stick wit the Original products. I have the latest firmware on the printer for information.

I presume a head wash would be a good move before installing the inks!

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Roland BN20 and Eco-Sol Max inks.

Post by mrtn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm

ESL3 (MAX) is great. This is the original ink type for the BN-20. Less maintenance needed compared to MAX3 which is a faster drying ink. MAX3 is good for bigger machines where maintenance is easier due to better access to parts.

You might want to perform head wash, yes.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

FLG

Re: Roland BN20 and Eco-Sol Max inks.

Post by FLG » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Roger that. Thank you for the insight :)