Printing waterslide Decals

Post any work that you need doing - printing, cutting, engraving, 3D prototyping, milling etc.
Wogelin

Printing waterslide Decals

Post by Wogelin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 am

Hello,

I have just registered here at the forum. My name ist Wolfgang and I am living in London. Being a scale model builder I just learned about the fantastic possibilities that some of the Roland printers offer. Printing white in solvent based inks is a fantastic feature if it comes to printing waterslide decals. I have used ALPS printers before but was not too happy how they performed, black on white in small scales as well as ochre and orange colours where of no good standard at all.
Some (actually most) of the decals I am interested in are really small 2.1 x 3 mm for example. I went on to used a professional silkscreen printing service who are capable of doing a great job but you have to order real volumes and prices are really high.
Summing up I wonder if anybody is interested to - basically - do printjobs for waterslide decals containing white. Decals will be drawn up as vectorfiles a hint what format is needed would be welcome. Can any of the printers (Roland VS 640?) print the carrier film for a waterslide as well or does one have to use a clear waterslide decal sheet instead. In silkprinting the first layer is the carrierfilm which is printed a little larger than the actual decal. That has the advantage that there is no need for cutting around the decal when it is due to be applied. Furthermore I would like to print some flags (ca. 40mm x 55mm) on a matt carrier foil
in order to be cut out and sandwiched around a piece of rod as a flag pole - any suggestion what material to use???

I hope I made sense, as you might have guessed I am not a native speaker.
Any answers, help and recommandations are highly welcome
best regards
Wolfgang

revolution-digital
Location: The Factory, North Avenue, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3QX

Re: Printing waterslide Decals

Post by revolution-digital » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Wolfgang

I am a screen printer of waterside transfers and I have developed a system for printing them on the LEC and LEF printers. We also sell the digital paper.

If you would like to know more please get in touch

Kind regards

Jan
Kind Regards

Jan

revolution-digital.co.uk
01530 510080

proud to be a Roland reseller

Wogelin

Post by Wogelin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello Jan,
yes indeed I am interested. Digital paper as well as your system. Thank you very much for your repley.
Best regards
Wolfgang

Steve Chappell

Post by Steve Chappell » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi Wolfgang,

Apologies for late response, I have been in Dublin all day.

I see Jan has posted a response below, Jan is one of our dealers who also has a bureau facility. The water slide media only works with our UV Inkjet printers, the best results have been achieved by printing clear varnish first then White and cmyk on top. If you take a look out our website, www.rolanddg.co.uk and click on the VersaUV LEC330 you can read more information on our printers. I hope this answers some of your quesions, please do post a response if I can be of more help.

Kind regards

Steve

Wogelin

Post by Wogelin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello Steve,
thank you very much for your reply. Looks all very promising. If I got it right you can print waterslides following the same steps than a silk screen printer would. My recent artwork is just being produced/drawn up. But I got some parts allready as PDF (drawn in AI) since the designs are rather small and delicate I wonder if we could arrange for a test print (will cover all costs) using the LEC330 printer. The outer frame of the "Decal assembly" would be just the size of a cigarette box. You really got me interested now. Thank you both very much for your kind help.
Best regards
Wolfgang

Wogelin

Post by Wogelin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:48 pm

My response is there for two days now - Where do I send the test file to????????????
regards
Wolfgang

Wogelin

Post by Wogelin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Sorry - just found it, thank you Jan
regards
Wolfgang

Wogelin

Post by Wogelin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello,
now after almost three month I got my decals silk-screen printed outside the uk. I did not get a response regarding my former request. Since I am still very interested in having small run waterslide-decals projects printed with a roland printer I wonder if somebody could name a reliable company/printjob which can and will handle such a job.
regards
Wolfgang

Steve Chappell

Post by Steve Chappell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Wolfgang, apologies for not taking your call I was on another call at the time. Please call me on 07766 953286 at your earliest convenience to discuss how I can help.

Regards

Steve

vaevince

Post by vaevince » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:08 am

any new charity that comes through the door is told if i do it for one i need to do it for all and i can't afford that. nearly all except that and pay a reasonable rate.
you can claim on your tax for work given to charity i beleive.