Very new to printing, please help.

General discussion on ideas and applications. Things you've done, things you're considering, things you find tricky
Iwantoprint

Very new to printing, please help.

Post by Iwantoprint » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:25 am

Hello and thank you for reading this. I own and run a small business based in yorkshire (u.k), we make gold, chrome, and colour finished DJ and studio accessories. We usually sell our products plain but I would very much like to start looking at printing onto the products themselves, they are all simply flat sheet metal of usually 1mm thick and in most cases no bigger than 300mm x 400mm.
I understand there are companies out there that we could send the job to, but our aim is to do many bespoke designs and I know each design change would create expenses which are totally our of our league. So to summarise I am looking for a printer that could print to sheet metal and be extremely rub resistant and my budget is £5000
Thank you so much for any advice.

Thanks

ArferMo
Bronze Member

Re: Very new to printing, please help.

Post by ArferMo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:08 am

Least cost option as that size would be sublimation on to chromaluxe aluminium panels and well within budget. Next would be a UV printer but x2 or x3 your budget.

Iwantoprint

Post by Iwantoprint » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 am

Thank you very much for your fast reply, I'll start researching that today.

Cheers

Iwantoprint

Post by Iwantoprint » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:18 am

Could you possibly advice me as to the cheapest uv printers that would do what I need, if I could find a 2nd hand one for somewhere near my budget I may consider it.
Thank you.