colour problem

General discussion on ideas and applications. Things you've done, things you're considering, things you find tricky
totaldesignsltd

colour problem

Post by totaldesignsltd » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:44 am

been doing work for a client and for there same client have two sets of artwork when I did the print it would come out a purple and black colour when it should be grey and black so I turned the settings to density control only
now this works for one but not the other as it is darker it comes out red and black even after taking magenta out it comes out like this however I open the artwork in illustrator and there's nothing wrong.

any ideas
Total designs ltd

Kai Perry

Re: colour problem

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07 am

It sounds like the artwork is colour managed prior to you receiving it and then the colour changes because you cannot disable the colour management other than using Density control only in VersaWorks.

You may have to ask the customer to supply you with the correct ICC profiles to be used with the output.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

totaldesignsltd

Re: colour problem

Post by totaldesignsltd » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:33 am

cheers when using the density control only still comes out the same so probably customer sending already colour managed but they can be a right pain anything I can do with the artwork to get rid of this setting
Total designs ltd