Canvas Prints

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Nathan Johns

Canvas Prints

Post by Nathan Johns » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:01 pm

I have been printing canvas for a while now and have tried various materials, but can't get the best results. What does everyone else use?

EricT

Re: Canvas Prints

Post by EricT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 pm

I've had some good results with the satin art canvas from All Print Supplies on my VersaCamm - reasonably priced as well ;)

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Eric, I will back you up on this one. The canvas is also a really good bright white making your images pop out.
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Graham Parken

Post by Graham Parken » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Has anyone come across these Jet Master canvases. They look really easy! :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH92vqs9t7c

Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd*

Post by Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd* » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Nathan, the two main types of digital art canvas are as follows:

100% natural cotton, coated textile.

This is very similar to traditional artist canvas, has a natural weave and a warm matt white colour.

Acrylic Coated Polyester / Cotton

This is a brighter white satin finish art canvas that tends to give the print a finer definition and more vibrant colour.

A Roland will print exeptionally well on either of these but with differing end results. Al lot of it comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Hope this helps
Metamark UK Ltd
01483 571111
http://www.metamark.co.uk

AlvinMoore

Post by AlvinMoore » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 am

Place your foam rubber on the floor or a table. Put your coated screen frame over it on the inside side of the frame, leaving the flat top pointing up. Put your transparency upside down on top of the screen. Put your piece of glass over the transparency down, and weight it at the edges with books or some other heavy objects. If you have ink cans, they will do fine because they are heavy. Hang your light source about 18 inches above your screen and turn it on for recommended exposure time. Develop with warm water. If your screen doesn't develop, use more water pressure. If your emulsion comes off too easily, increase your exposure time.

Cheers!!!

woolly
Gold Member

Post by woolly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 am

Graham Parken wrote:Has anyone come across these Jet Master canvases. They look really easy! :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH92vqs9t7c
looks fun could be worth buying a couple to try could not find a price

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 am

The Jet Master display systems can be sourced from a number of resellers including Perfect Colours. See the attached link for more details:
Jet Master Display Details
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski

ryan

Post by ryan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 am

I'm a professional photographer and this is one main stay of my business, i use a canvas from R&B Tel 0113 387 4811 its really nice to work with and the profile they give you is spot on, colours are accurate and vibrant, the cost as well is the best I've found for a 25 mtr roll

woolly
Gold Member

Post by woolly » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 pm

ryan wrote:I'm a professional photographer and this is one main stay of my business, i use a canvas from R&B Tel 0113 387 4811 its really nice to work with and the profile they give you is spot on, colours are accurate and vibrant, the cost as well is the best I've found for a 25 mtr roll
do they do a profile for the vs printer? please