EcoSol Max 3 washing off!?

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Bearfaced

EcoSol Max 3 washing off!?

Post by Bearfaced » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 pm

I converted my BN-20 to use Ecosol Max 3 inks, I mainly use it for printing heat transfers for t-shirts but I'm having a major problem, the print is fading significantly after one wash in the washing machine.

I've used 2 different heat transfer vinyls, the first was Sef Graffiti and the second is Stahls CAD-COLOR SuperTEK Opaque (m)
I've tried printing using the THT : Textile Heat Transfer and the [MAX3] Generic Garment Heat Transfer profiles - both at standard print quality.
After printing I've left the print to dry for more than 24 hours, transferred onto the garment following the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. Ensured my heat press is at the correct temperature using an infrared thermometer and waited more than 48 hours after transfer before trying a wash. At first I thought there was a problem with the Grafitti transfer material but the Stahl's has exactly the same problem. My test shirt has an old print that I did using the original Ecosol Max ink and that looks exactly the same as it did on the day it was printed.

I haven't found anyone else with this problem, am I the only one? was there a faulty batch of ink or am I doing something wrong somewhere?

Any suggestions are welcome as I can't make my products at the moment.

Justin

Kai Perry

Re: EcoSol Max 3 washing off!?

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Try contacting the dealer of the machine, there are several newly developed medias available for the MAX 3 ink. Some of the older materials rely to heavily on the ink curing into them, MAX 3 dries too quickly for this.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

PlusmerchCol

Post by PlusmerchCol » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

The dealer who sold me my BN 20 recommended going with the original eco sol max ink if I was going to be doing a lot of heat transfers for textiles and clothing. He said there had been some issues with the newer inks fading or even washing off. I only had my machine installed in June last year and have not had any issues with garments I have produced.
I hope you get the issue resolved somehow.

Bearfaced

Post by Bearfaced » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks for your replies, there is definitely an incompatibility. Unfortunately I've had to withdraw the bulk of my designs from sale until I get this sorted. I'm pretty disappointed as you can imagine! I'll update here with any further information to help other people who might find themselves in this predicament. I wonder if it's possible to convert back to the original EcoSol Max ink?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Yes, of course.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

chrisgee

Post by chrisgee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I am also experiencing this problem with a lot of wholesalers now saying that their transfer films are not compatible with eco-sol 3

Surely someone by now must have a product for transfers that supports this ink ?
Chris Gee
Printvent Ltd.
https://printvent.co.uk

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Give Siser a try?
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd

Bearfaced

Post by Bearfaced » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 am

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem Chris, I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one though. I ended up stopping my business because of this issue. My printer is still going through it's cleaning cycles and dumping waste ink into the waste container. It's costing me a fortune with no real solution. I'm very disappointed.

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Justin

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I'd like to see if we can find a way to help you so perhaps you can give me a call on 01275 335540 and I'd be delighted to chat it through with you.

As Joe has mentioned there are a number of Max 3 compatible garments films available from a few different suppliers, with Siser having a great range that covers lots of applications.

Give me a call when you have 5 minutes and we can discuss it a bit more.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
Follow me: @goleniowski