Jetbest Max 2 bulk inks

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Atomic1

Jetbest Max 2 bulk inks

Post by Atomic1 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 pm

I started using this system about 5 months ago, and I like the ink, it is very reasonable, and works well for the applications I'm using, however.. since I switched I've had nothing but trouble with my XR-640. I didn't think about it at first, but I believe the ink is the problem, I have steady issues with the cut carriage cable binding, and bunching up, which has lead to blown servo boards (4) I currently get about 4 days of clean printing on a new set of strips on the cable card, and I've even built a retraction system to assist the cable across the bed. It seems like the ink omits an overspray that stays wet, and seemingly tacky, which makes the cable not travel in the area like it should.. Is anyone else using this ink?, and if so, seeing any of these issues?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Jetbest Max 2 bulk inks

Post by mrtn » Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 am

I had a customer use Jetbest religiously, willing to replace print heads twice a year until he had enough. Switched to original and have had zero issues since.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Atomic1

Re: Jetbest Max 2 bulk inks

Post by Atomic1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm

I understand OEM ink is clearly the best option for performance, however I have an XC 540 I have used Marabu inks in for about 3 years with zero issues at half the cost, but that is Eco Sol ink, I'm looking for a more reasonable priced Max 2 ink for the XR, which the Jetbest fits that category, but it is causing issues with the printer, does anyone have any suggestions?