Two identical presses printing colors differently

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Lizardface

Two identical presses printing colors differently

Post by Lizardface » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello!
So I am currently running two LEF-300 in tandem.

We utilize whichever is open to produce what we need to, but recently I've been noticing that there is a divergence in the color they are outputting.

We ran some swatches and for a crucial color for a customer we see a difference in Delta E value between the two and a master swatch.

One is reading at 2.19 (fail) and one is reading at 0.53 (pass) - one reason they're not 100% accurate but we confirm a pass is because we print on polycarbonates and polyester. many plastics have a range of subtle colors they can take on during the manufacturing process depending on temperature, humidity, etc.

I ran both presses from the same rip file - therefore the same settings - with spot colors we store in Versaworks - which means there is no difference in color formula.

If there is nothing that should be different between the presses and settings (we run ECO UV-2 in both) is there a setting I might be overlooking that may fix my problem? On larger tasks we lose production power because of only being able to run each job one one press at a time.

Thanks in advance

Kai Perry

Re: Two identical presses printing colors differently

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 am

When you are measuring the colour differences, how long are you leaving the printed objects?
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Lizardface

Re: Two identical presses printing colors differently

Post by Lizardface » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 pm

This is immediately. One of them is printing significantly lighter than the other. A noticeable difference in color otherwise it would not be an issue.

Both printers do not have any dot drop out, and are kept in good condition.

Any idea why this might be happening?