random streaks / banding

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Front Range Vital Signs

random streaks / banding

Post by Front Range Vital Signs » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello,

I have been looking through multiple forums for a couple of years and have not been able to find someone who has had an answer to the problem that has plagued me. I have had some great printing on my old Roland VS-540 as well as my new printer TruVis VG-540, but I will have some bad days where I run into issues with the prints that roll off the machine and I would like to know if this is a problem with Roland printers or the media.

I am getting full media width discoloration in various spots when my colors should be solid, in the picture I have attached it looks like fading. Hopefully someone will be able to see what I am dealing with and give me some answer as to what it is.
Attachments
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0495.JPG

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: random streaks / banding

Post by mrtn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:58 pm

This has always been media/coating issue.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Front Range Vital Signs

Post by Front Range Vital Signs » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Thank you for the answer. Is this something you deal with on a regular basis as well? Am I forced to deal with it and throw prints out or are the options to make this go away? The media this is on is Avery MP1105SC

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Not too regular, but bad batches of media pop up every now and then. Even for major brands. I once had a roll of media with adhesive missing completely precisely half the width of the roll, for the whole length. Then the same problem but for only about 2 mm in the middle.

Coating issues are more common.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram