Mettalic

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
stickerbox

Mettalic

Post by stickerbox » Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 am

Hi Guys all new to the forum , Thought i'd post a concern before badgering the tech guys again :oops:
So i purchased a vs 300 in july :!: up to march (8 months ) i have now gone thru 2 mettalic cartridges, and only actually printed a max of 1sq metre in mettalic :? . It seems it is using it all thru the cleaning cycle. Funny thing is my white cartridge is not near running out and i'm yet to replace it in all this time :?: Is this normal or do any of you have advise, or is my machine not running correctly. my warranty runs out soon so would like it all sorted before ( i will be taking continued out ) it does !!
Thanks for your time guys Claire :?

Tom King
Silver Member

Re: Mettalic

Post by Tom King » Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Claire,

If you log a ticket with our tech support department we can look into the metallic usage on your machine for you.
Tom King
Technical Support Advisor
Roland DG UK Ltd
www.rolanddg.co.uk

stickerbox

Post by stickerbox » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Tom, I do intend to call. I was wondering if any other people had same useage 1st , Tech guys have been out a cpl of times to my machine and i attended the course too . I had concerns then to the amount it used and brought the issue up there and everytime they have been to me ! Like i said i now am onto my 3rd mettalic cartridge and only printed 1sqm max in it :(

woolly
Gold Member

Post by woolly » Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

had a similar discussion before but you do need to talk to the tech see what firmware etc you are on

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=489

GP-Grafix

Post by GP-Grafix » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi, I bought a XC540MT Pro iii one of the first in the country, i had serious issues with the silver ink too, I had many Roland engineers look at it over a period of 6 months and Roland supplied the silver and white free while the tests went on, they finally told me that the logs being generated were indicating the printer was not using an excessive amount, they then stopped giving me the free ink, the cleaning cycle used a lot more than the literature stated and if I tried printing with silver it was like drilling a whole in the cartridge, after 12 months and many arguments from my suppliers they agreed to exchange my printer for a demo one they had, I lost several thousand on the swop over but the problem was gone, the agent I bought the Roland off of were then struck off of Rolands agent suppliers, they still have my original roland collecting dust, they cant sell it as they cant support it without rolands support, I do hope your problem gets sorted mine was costing me just under £250 per month if I didnt use the silver, once I printed ten A2 poster on plastic in black ink when I got back it had finished the job and was bleeping (a noise that still sens shivers down my spine) during or after printing the posters the roland had consumed a whole cartridge of silver and I had not printed one square mm on the job, a nightmare im glad is behind me, good luck.