Flag Material

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Matt Straker

Flag Material

Post by Matt Straker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Does anyone print onto flag material?

We used to along time ago however found the show through to be really poor. im sure things have moved on nowdays, does anyone have any tips or suggestions if we were to start printing these again? we have an Roland XC540 Soljet Pro 3.

thanks Matt

Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd*

Re: Flag Material

Post by Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd* » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Matt

There are a couple of flag type materials available to you that will work on the your XC540 with varied results:

Textile Flag (with stike through) will print fairly well on a roland & is generally used for tear drp flags or exhibition graphics.

Textile Banner (single Sided) prints much better on a roland than the textile flag as it is single sided.

Both should be fire rated and water resistant.

Flags with true 'Strike through' however should really be done on a dye sublimation machine, Solvent/Eco-sol machines will always struggle with density of colour on a Textile flag material. Another reason Dye Sub is better for this application is the abrasion factor, if the flag flaps on itself then the print will deteriorate in no time at all from a solvent/eco-sol machine.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards
Metamark UK Ltd
01483 571111
http://www.metamark.co.uk

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Adam, would this media be any good for making up into clothing/t shirts after being printed? :oops:
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd*

Post by Adam Reece *Metamark UK Ltd* » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Julio Moor wrote:Adam, would this media be any good for making up into clothing/t shirts after being printed? :oops:
Hi Julio, hmmm....not really.
I suppose you could make one up but it would be a pretty uncomfortable/strange looking t-shirt. If you would like A4 printed samples of the flag materials we have to offer you can request these on our website.

Regards
Metamark UK Ltd
01483 571111
http://www.metamark.co.uk

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Julio, just to re confirm what Adam has said. You would not want to make this material into any form of clothing. For this sort of application you would need to look at Dye Sublimation or other technologies for printing textiles. I could be wrong....but I think that from your other posts, clothing is a new line for you and I am sure you will get gain more business intially with the Versacamm you have using the available heat transfers medias which are on the market. Dye sublimation could be your next step.
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1