Printing back drops

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Darryl Klick
Bronze Member

Printing back drops

Post by Darryl Klick » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I have had a photographic company contact me about printing some back drops for studio shots. I have never done these before and have no idea how to go about it or even if my Versacamm can do it. They have asked me to let them know if I can do paper and or fabric.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction...... :oops:
Darryl "The" Klick

woolly
Gold Member

Re: Printing back drops

Post by woolly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 pm

you can do both a lot depends on your finished size and the size of the printer, done a few fabric stage back drops for bands how robust the joins need to be decides if its stitched or tape joined.

Rob Goleniowski

Re: Printing back drops

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Good afternoon Daryl,

I hope all is well and thank you for the post.

As Woolly has pointed out, there are many different fabric / textile materials available that can work with Roland's EcoSol Max ink and will be suitable for use with your VersaCamm. Metamark do a nice polyester fabric banner (MD-TB) and Berger do a polyester material specifically designed for use as back drops (Universal TCS 300). As well as this you can also look at different types of flag material, but it would be worth checking the level of block out you would require as to if these would be suitable or not.

Whichever material you look at, remember that you will be to us a product with a backing material on it (otherwise you will get ink all over the bed of your machine) and ensure that it is suitable for your eco-solvent inks.

I hope this helps and will enable you to get the business!

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski