Roland XC 540 issues

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
ofpoets

Roland XC 540 issues

Post by ofpoets » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.
Have a 'bit of an issue' with my xc540. Went to it today and did a test print only to find group (b) missing. Did a clean just on this group and then did another test print and got most of the black back but the yellow as block and dragging out across the whole test print as shown in the photo.

I assumed that there was either fluid ingress into the yellow head circuit or a ribbon to that head had come adrift. Something like this I'm thinking is an electrical fault of some kind ?

Anyway, powered down the printer, switched off at the back, pulled the power lead and then grounded the printer. Checked the head cables in case these were loose causing the problem and put them back ensuring they were seated correctly, put it all back together and powered on from the back. Fans came on as normal with main board light flashing. However on pressing the power on button from the front nothing would come on. No display or anything.

Any people out there who has experienced these faults please ? I'm assuming that the yellow head was the initial fault shorting out (central part of the image)

Cheers in advance
Attachments
IMG_1708.JPG

Kai Perry

Re: Roland XC 540 issues

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am

Initially Yellow head or associated cables would have been likely the cause. Still an electrical fault now, likely either a power board or mainboard would my initial guess, but would require investigation.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

ofpoets

Post by ofpoets » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Kai
On further investigation a cable to the yellow year had delaminated so guessing this was the initial cause. I fear that, like you say a power board or main board is now the issue. Would removing all the head cables and trying to power up make a difference to the sub power coming on?
Also, would it be likely that if the cable was the initial issue would this likely to have damaged the head ? i.e If the ribbon was replaced would that fix the head problem or is this likely to have shorted the head out beyond repair ?

Thanks for your help so far. Much appreciated.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:51 pm

There is a possibility that the head could also be damaged, really depends how the cable was damaged in the first instance.

I think on startup it will try to detect the head carriage and will not get you any further.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

ofpoets

Post by ofpoets » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Looking at it I think that some flush liquid has caused damage to the ribbon cable. Strange that it was running and that just switching the machine off at back and then on again has caused the sub power not to work. I'll try and see if powering up will work with the head cables removed. Would there be fuses on the main board that would prevent the sub power from working Kai ?

Thanks. Lee

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Maybe on the head board rather than the mainboard.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

kendod27

Post by kendod27 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 am

Did you manage to find out initial cause of this? I have suddenly came across similar issue with my cyan streaking across the print.

I have made a separate post on this issue but does look same as your initial issue.

Checked all head cables for proper seating (all cables are also new) but everything seams to be seated correctly.