XC 540 and XR 640 Main Board confusion

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
Atomic1

XC 540 and XR 640 Main Board confusion

Post by Atomic1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm

I own both machines, I have been having many issues lately with the XR throwing the cable card out and bunching up during printing, about 1 month ago this happened and when I put a new cable in and got everything running again, the cutter wouldn't drop the blade, i installed a new servo board, and problem fixed, however, about every 7-10 working days it will start to bunch the cable card up again.., yesterday I replaced the cable again, and again, now the blade won't drop, shortly after, while I was printing with the machine, since I can't cut with it..., the screen went blank and the print stopped. long story short, I did some troubleshooting and put the display from my XC in the XR, and it wouldn't work, so just to eliminate, I put the display from the XR in the XC, and it worked fine, since it plugs into the main board, I figured that was shot. Today my second new servo board showed up in a month, and since the numbers match on the XC and XR main boards, I took the main board out of the XC, and put it in the XR, along with a new cable card, guides, and the new servo board hoping to be up and running 100%. My first issue was i was getting an out of range error when I do the limit initialize to start up, I was able to get past that by not extending the carriage all the way to the outer side, thinking because the other machine is 10" shorter?, and that worked, but when I powered up, everything seems to be ok, but it is looking for color cartridges 9-12, so it obviously still thinks it is inside the XC that has 12 cartridges vs. the XR that only has 8.. is there any way around that? and, what could be going so wrong to be blowing these boards? any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been doing more work on my printers than printing lately.. Thanks

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: XC 540 and XR 640 Main Board confusion

Post by mrtn » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Won't work. There's also a complete new head design.

Can't believe you have so many problems with your machines. Apart from an occasional cable card replacement these machinese are pretty much bulletproof.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Atomic1

Post by Atomic1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 am

I thought about all that, but the 2 boards have the same numbers, I hoped they would inner change.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 am

As far as I know you can only use the other way around.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Atomic1

Post by Atomic1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:10 pm

What does the battery in the main board do? I found it odd that it remembered to suggest a wiper change upon startup, something the Xc was doing, and the xr had been recently reset.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Keep time. So your calendar is off, causing different messages to pop up.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram