Roland GX 24 - illustrator cs6 - cut studio - non stop problems

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
benuk

Roland GX 24 - illustrator cs6 - cut studio - non stop problems

Post by benuk » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm

HI,

I have always loved my Roland GX 24. Quieter then then the previous vinyl cutter and always worked.

Years later and I decide to try it out with the print and cut features.

I have a mimaki wide format printer and want to feed the printed vinyl into the roland gx.

I have used illustrator cs6 on two different mac and tried using cs5. Both machines have crashed regularly from the plugins being installed and then deleted and re-installed to know avail.

I phone technical support, who's response was delete the plugin and try again.. it never crashes. They also said my machine is probably faulty and 140 pounds they can look at it for an hour and tell me if there is something wrong.

Now I'm thinking, Roland are loosing it. The machine I have was really expensive and this is a joke.

I updated the Roland machine firmware and reset all the function to which I had a little luck and the crop marks were read and the it did do the cutting I wanted.

However, now its back to being dodgy and not wanting to do anything I ask.

I blame Roland's dodgy plugin, if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Kai Perry

Re: Roland GX 24 - illustrator cs6 - cut studio - non stop problems

Post by Kai Perry » Tue May 30, 2017 11:37 am

If you are using the crop mark feature in the plugin then you would have to print the job through Illustrator to the printer and then use the same plugin to cut, is this the procedure you were following?

Also which version of the plugin are you using and where did you download it from?
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk