Roland BN-20 Wiper Problem

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
derekeichelman

Roland BN-20 Wiper Problem

Post by derekeichelman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi, thanks for the help in advance. I have a Roland BN-20 and it prints great; however, every once in a while, the rubber wiper will get stuck in the up position in the middle of a print and hit the printhead as it moves back and forth. When the wiper is down, the printer prints perfectly. When the wiper hits the head, the print is full of black streaks. I can open the cover, manually depress the wiper, close the lid, and resume printing. Iv'e cleaned the machine/wiper area/gear, etc and it doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks again for any assistance.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Roland BN-20 Wiper Problem

Post by mrtn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Your wiper origin sensor is probably dirty or there's some unusual play in the movement of the wiper assy.

Ever had any error messages?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

derekeichelman

Post by derekeichelman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Thank you for your response. I have never received an error message and I can't find any play in the assembly. Everything seems pretty solid. Where is the wiper origin sensor on the BN20?

Thank You

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am

In the wiper assembly. Usually the machine would throw an error code if there’s something wrong with the sensor but yours may be just at the limit of normal operation due to some absurd condition.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

TDR

Post by TDR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Mine also does the same some times. I either manually move it to the correct position or if it really bugs me I give the spring mechanism and the cap top area a good clean.