HOW DO I RESET IP ADDRESS

Discuss training options at the Roland Academy & elsewhere, and keep in touch afterwards
govanboy

HOW DO I RESET IP ADDRESS

Post by govanboy » Fri May 25, 2012 5:20 pm

HI , I,m a raw beginner in trouble , I have a vs versa camm 420 that suddenly has told me its not connected ...with no apparent change in circumstances .
I tried switching off then back on , tried new cable , tried working with another pc etc. to no avail . once before same thing happened and cause was a change in ip address .
engineer sorted by entering a change in the address , but I cannot remember what .
assuming this is problem again can anyone help ?
many thanks
govanboy

Rob Goleniowski

Re: HOW DO I RESET IP ADDRESS

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Thing to do is check to see if the PC is in range of the printer. On the VersaCamm, press the menu key and scroll down to system menu then select the network settings, then IP address. On the PC, open the network sharing centre and view the properties for the LAN connection. You will need to go to check the TCP/IP details and ensure the printer is in range of the PC - if you have the printer IP address set as 192.168.002.100 for example, set your PC as 192.168.002.150.

Once you have done this, you can go back to VersaWorks and on the main screen, select print then printer settings. Ensure you have the correct IP address registered and if not, change so that it matches what you have set on the printer. Hopefully this will now enable you to connect.

Any issues then let us know and if not before, then we can talk you through it 1st thing Monday morning.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski

govanboy

Post by govanboy » Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Rob , only got back to pc , thanks for the help , tried as best as I can understand info , { I'm a dinosaur {
set printer at 150 with laptop at same but no joy .
When versa works restarted it reverted to original setting of 192.168.0.1' with notice that printer is not found or is incorrectly set up .
So I'll give you a call on Monday if that's o.k .
Nothing else has happened regards printer since it last ran on Thursday so I hope I am on the right lines of thought with this .
thanks again Jim aka Govanboy

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Feel free to call the tech support guys on 0845 230 9060 and they will help you reset the IP address and connection.

Just a quick note, when you say you set the printer at 150 and the PC the same, I assume you mean the PC as VersaWorks? If you have the IP address the same for the PC and the printer then it will not work so they need to be close but slightly different.

Call us Monday if you haven no joy.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

govanboy

Post by govanboy » Mon May 28, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Rob . Sorted ! Barry from RADECAL phoned Saturday and talked me through finding out what ip address had changed to and resetting printer to match +1 .
Many thanks for your time and effort on this , especially since I had never posted before , it is appreciated .
I'll make amends and introduce myself on the hello section .
Thanks again

Jim C. :D

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Joe

Great that you got it sorted and I hope things are printing well!

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
Roland DG (UK) Ltd