Tutorials?!

Discuss training options at the Roland Academy & elsewhere, and keep in touch afterwards
DrRich

Re: Tutorials?!

Post by DrRich » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Joe
Thanks for the reply - I have just acquired an EyeOne Pro which I have linked to our VersaWorks & XC540 and had a play with calibrating/linearising a profile this afternoon... interesting stuff and made a small difference to the colour balance. Looking at the settings in Versaworks, I can only calibrate/linearise (not quite sure the difference yet) each print setting of each profile individually? There is not an overall "re-calibrate my printer" option?

If you do progress with a Colour Management Course, can you forward the outline and dates etc (richard@azurelogo.co.uk) as I would be interested. Also, are there any publications you recommend?
Thanks
Rich

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Rich,

You need the software as well as the actual EyeOne in order to write profiles. You then would write profiles for each of your media types for your machine...not a profile for your machine for each of your media types...if that makes sense. You calibrate the machine to the media and the output is an icc profile that you select in RVW.
One of the books that I have had a look through is 'Mastering digital Printing' by Harald Johnson, the other is 'Real World Color Management' Bruce Fraser,Chris Murphy and Fred Bunting.
They are both pretty long in the tooth but have some good stuff in them.
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri May 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Mbeise

Post by Mbeise » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:17 pm

I am looking for any training materials associated with the SRM-20 table top CNC mill and the Modella 4 software. I would also welcome any tips about bringing in STL's from SolidWorks. As of right now, it seems some crazy things happened in the process. It looks like I have good toolpaths and previews, but then the machine plunges in the area of where a pocket should be--it cuts to full depth, rather than stepping--in the surfacing operations!

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi,

Good news, the SRM-20 has had a free upgrade in the software. You can now download SRP Player software, which is a lot easier to use than the Modella Player.

Go into your onsupport installation and the download software link and it should be there.

If you use the default settings, you should get on much better.

Let us know in the 3D section on the forum how you get on.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk