Not engraving parts of the image - mpx-90

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
gorsius

Not engraving parts of the image - mpx-90

Post by gorsius » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 pm

As you can see from the image, the engraver has started not engraving part of the image. I've tried; starting both the PC and machine. Checked all cables. Saved the image in a different format. Recalibrating the head.

From testing it seems to stop engraving in the same area. So if I print something lower than the problem area then the whole image will engrave.

I have checked all the cables and cannot see anything obvious. I can only think there is a break in the cable at the point the head gets to the area we are having issues with.

Any idea's?
Attachments
issue1-1.jpg
issue1.jpg
Last edited by gorsius on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

gorsius

Re: No engraving parts of the image - mpx-90

Post by gorsius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 am

No idea's? anyone? :cry:

gorsius

Re: Not engraving parts of the image - mpx-90

Post by gorsius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:37 pm

So I managed to get it working by selecting print from the bottom. After a few prints, it is now missing the start of the image from the bottom!!

So I guess it's not a hardware issue.

How does the software communicate with the printing. Does it use the windows print spooler?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Have you tried printing the job on a flat item instead of the heart shaped item you are using? From the image it looks like the item is not flat and you would have to use the correct slope function to get it to work.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

gorsius

Post by gorsius » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm

This was a flat item. We solved it in the end with a new head and re-calibration. Something in the old head must have been intermittently failing.