Engraving multiple items on one pass with Metaza Studio

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
gorsius

Engraving multiple items on one pass with Metaza Studio

Post by gorsius » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 pm

We have a lot of small items we would like to engrave the same image into. As it takes time loading and unloading individual items, we were wondering if there is a way to engrave multiple items in one go.

I setup a design for a new material with multiple shapes for the items and went to print. The MPX-90 just printed along the items with no regard for the gaps in between each item. Is there are way to set the mpx-90 to engrave each item individually? So engrave one image first, then once complete go to the 2nd image.

I can only think to create a jig that is almost flat when the item is loaded but even then I would worry about damaging the head. Or setup some sort of win automation to manually switch images between prints.

Anyone done the above before?

thanks

Kai Perry

Re: Engraving multiple items on one pass with Metaza Studio

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 pm

You would need a jig and a template to match for this to work without potential damage to the head.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

gorsius

Re: Engraving multiple items on one pass with Metaza Studio

Post by gorsius » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any info regarding safe tolerances for uneven surfaces regarding the head. Even with the best jig there are going to be steps and small gaps between the jig and item.