EGX350 tooling

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
label everything

EGX350 tooling

Post by label everything » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Could anyone please offer any advice or know of any literature regarding the different engraving tooling listed for the Roland EGX350?

I purchased one last year along with a variety of tooling, but I really don't have much idea of what each tool is for or what settings I need to use for each tool.

I have mainly only scribed plates but I need to start engraving deeper into brass.

Thank you for your time.
Simon
Signs - Labels - Stickers - Promotional items - Embroidery - Engraving and Trophies

Roland BN-20 - Roland Gx24 - Gerber edge FX - GS15 plotter - Roland EGX350 - Ricoh SG7100dn - 3d Vacuum press - Xerox C2255 - OKI C610 & Assorted heat presses.

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Re: EGX350 tooling

Post by Andrew Dudley » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello Simon,

You can get a data sheet explaining tooling, feed rates etc from our support pages, as well as PDF of the user manual if you need it.

HERE

With deep engraving into brass, you would need to think about what diameter of tool you need. If you use a small diameter cutter to engrave a large area, it takes time and would wear the tool out, if you use a tool large tool it may not get into the detail that you need to engrave. So it is a trade off or sorts.

If you want to look at some training speciffically, then I would recommend you contact your dealer for some more training.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

label everything

Post by label everything » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 am

Thank you Andrew, that is a great start, the problem I have is I bought the 350 from a different state and the people I purchased it from are asking a large amount to fly up and for accommodation for training.

Once I get my head around a few of the cutters I will be right, it's just knowing the correct cutter for what material and what settings to use in engrave studio.

Thank you again for your help on this.

Simon
Last edited by label everything on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signs - Labels - Stickers - Promotional items - Embroidery - Engraving and Trophies

Roland BN-20 - Roland Gx24 - Gerber edge FX - GS15 plotter - Roland EGX350 - Ricoh SG7100dn - 3d Vacuum press - Xerox C2255 - OKI C610 & Assorted heat presses.

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi Simon,

Sometimes travel and hotel expenses for the trainer are not considered, even here in the UK.

If you have any questions, just come back here and I'm sure one of us will be able to point you in the right direction.

With regards to the Engrave Studio software, you can create your own tooling so you don't need to worry too much about what is already there.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

label everything

Post by label everything » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 am

I am trying to engrave into some 2mm brass but I am not getting the required result, could anyone please tell me what tool and settings I would need to achieve a similar result to the attached image.

Thank you Simon
image.jpg

label everything

Post by label everything » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 am

Attachments
image.jpg

label everything

Post by label everything » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 am

This is what I am getting.
image.jpg

legin

Post by legin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:03 pm

It looks to me that your cutter is to big and your spacing between the characters is to close. Also when your machine is engraving do you use a lubricant, between the brass plate and the cutter? If not keep a little bit of paraffin in a spray bottle and apply before and during the engraving. It will prolong the sharpness of your cutter If you want to send me an email feel free to contact me.

All the best....Legin

abot

Post by abot » Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 pm

or else you're going too deep.