EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
kikkoman1

EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post by kikkoman1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Hallo.
I have (had) an EGX-20 installed at a Windows 7 PC. To start with the installation went ok, I installed it by choosing LPT1 as port and after installation I changed it to USB1.
Machine was working perfect for some weeks and I engraved some signs by using Dr Engraver.
Later on some of my colleagues installed some other equipment at the PC, after that it lost connection with the EGX-20.
I have now tried to do the same installation at 3 other PC's with windows 7. The problem is that I can not get it to work anywhere. They dont recognize the EGX-20 as a printer.
I have installed and un-installed and installed back again...and again..and again.. :?
The parallel cable came without any drivers, and it was working fine in the beginning....
Does anyone have any ideas if I have missed something, or some other suggestions.
I might purchase a new cable to see if that helps, but was thinking to give this forum a try first. :)

Ryan Anderson

Re: EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post by Ryan Anderson » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am

Usually the USB adapter cable needs its own drivers as well. Check to make sure these are there.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

kikkoman1

Post by kikkoman1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 am

Thank you Ryan. I can not get the specific drivers for this adaptor. So I will order a new cable, incl driver CD. Hopefully I will manage after this. We will see... I will update this post when I have tried.

Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 am

That's great, thanks for the update.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk