mpx 90 problems, please some one help.

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
angelogr

mpx 90 problems, please some one help.

Post by angelogr » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:01 am

hello,

i have printed just about 300 times and 90 percent of them have been names for dog tags. one of the problems is when the head comes down when it gets about an inch away from the material the head and body of the head start to vibrate. it does always in the begining and after like 7 prints it stops and does it 1/5 times after that. but in the begining it vibrates a lot.

the second problem i have when i print the name in the middle has some line going through it when you move it in the light. i have barely printed and already have 2 problems, please can some one help me.
Attachments
20150905_112917.jpg
20150905_112934.jpg
20150907_145104.jpg
in the midldle of all the letters
20150907_145153.jpg
in the midldle of all the letters

Ryan Anderson

Re: mpx 90 problems, please some one help.

Post by Ryan Anderson » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:56 am

It is possible that either the machines axis require lubrication or the machine has been twisted by taking some type of shock.

You can try lubricating the axis of the machine with a small amount of silicon grease, this might free the movement up enough to stop the vibration and potentially stop the line also.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

angelogr

Post by angelogr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:20 pm

thank you ryan, i will give it a try.

victor.tamm

Post by victor.tamm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:57 am

Ryan Anderson wrote:It is possible that either the machines axis require lubrication or the machine has been twisted by taking some type of shock.

You can try lubricating the axis of the machine with a small amount of silicon grease, this might free the movement up enough to stop the vibration and potentially stop the line also.
I also have a MPX-90, and is showing these same lines in the engraving. I would like to know how to do the lubrication of the machine. I see that you mention that silicon grease can be applied, could you please detail which parts of the machine can or should be lubricated?

I already have applied carefully some special grease to the machine leads screws (grey color leads), but I don't know if the steel guides that support the head should be lubricated, and which type of lube should I use.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 am

You should be using machining silicon grease to grease the rails and lead screws.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

victor.tamm

Post by victor.tamm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:18 pm

thanks for the information. Just one question... In the user manual it says not to use silicon based lubricants in the machine. In which areas should this be avoided?

Thanks again.

victor.tamm

Post by victor.tamm » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:46 pm

I also have boron nitride grease. Can I use this type of grease on the rails and spindles?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 am

Not sure about that type of grease, if you get grease onto other parts such as the head this could cause damage.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

victor.tamm

Post by victor.tamm » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Ok. About the other question of using silicon based lubricants stated on the user manual, do you if there is any risk of using silicon grease on the machine. Or there is a special care I need to take while putting the silicon grease. Thanks

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Just ensure you only grease the rails, or use a machining grease, the grease that we have is Japanese and it's called Floil.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd