MPX 90 Head Repair

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
rkman

MPX 90 Head Repair

Post by rkman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:37 am

I have a MPX 90 head that was used less than 20 times and then just stopped working. All I get is lines. I was wondering if there was a way to test the head or if on occasion something will seize up inside that can be repaired. Thanks in advance Richard

Ryan Anderson

Re: MPX 90 Head Repair

Post by Ryan Anderson » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi Richard,

I would get in touch with your reseller or your local Roland tech support team who can help you further.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

rkman

Post by rkman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply, the head that went faulty is one that Roland USA sent me under warranty because of issues I was having with my original head. MY warranty is now up on my machine and my original head is not working exactly right and the new head just stopped working. I used it with good results, the MPX 90 sat for about a month with out being used and when I went to use it the head was faulty. So I know it is the head. My other problem is, that I am in Canada and I have all my support of the USA. I get more results from this forum in the UK than I do here. Could you tell me if there is an actual diagnostic that can run on the head ? I guess if there is no test or repair I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Thanks

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 am

The head is so simple in construction that there is no advanced diagnostics.

It is easy to ruin the head by having it print outside of the allowed area or on the edge of the material.

For example if you want to print on a pen you have to enter the radius and it would limit the print area to let's say 3 mm perpendicular to the pen. Even one extra millimeter would cause the impact pin to hit too much to the side of the pen curvature and damage either the pin itself of the pin guide.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram