Free HSMExpress CAM for SolidWorks Users of Roland machines

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to 3D prototyping and milling
Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Free HSMExpress CAM for SolidWorks Users of Roland machines

Post by Patrick Thorn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:32 pm

For quite sometime HSMWorks has been a CAM for SolidWorks users, then the guys at HSM made HSMExpress which is free for anyone who has SolidWorks. When asked by a MDX40A user they made a simple post processor to output NC Codes.
We got to have a go and helped HSM perfect the NC Code output so it works for all the Roland milling machines with NC support like iModela, MDX40A, MDX-540 etc. Then so all the other users with earlier model machines that only have RML(Roland Machine Language), like MDX-20, PNC-3200 etc, we worked with HSM to make a RML post processor.
I am pleased to say, with our limited experience in SolidWorks, then the HSM Express provided an easy route to drive our machines in both languages (RML & NC).
Here is a Youtube clip

Please note Roland DG cannot support any technical questions for this, but you can find all you need at: http://www.hsmworks.com

If you use HSMWorks you can always ask HSM for the latest "Roland rml.cps" & "Roland nc.cps" post processors.
Screen shot 2013-07-16 at 22.20.41.png
Autodesk, HSMWorks, and HSMXpress are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Grey Matter Designs

Re: Free HSMExpress CAM for SolidWorks Users of Roland machi

Post by Grey Matter Designs » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for this lead. I am behind the times. I needed to machine an internal helix and was very stuck.

As you know I run Solidworks and a MDX40A so HSMExpress may be perfect. Will let you know how I get on (with the swearing deleted!). Though so far the tutorials seem straight forward, but they always do don't they.

All the best,

Bill