SRP Player not enough memory error - HELP

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to 3D prototyping and milling
robgor

SRP Player not enough memory error - HELP

Post by robgor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:24 am

Hey Guys Iam getting a not enough memory error when generating the tool path in SRP player. Just a bit of background on my system, its an i7 4770k with 32gig RAM with a 120gig SSD with a NVidia Quadro k2000 video card running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit. So should have enough power to do the jobs I need to do with the MDX-40a milling machine I have. It seems that SRP Player is a 32bit program which uses WOW64 to allow it to run on windows in 64bit mode. Now being a 32bit program its limited to the 4gig RAM limited that the 32bit has, but I have discovered that each program is limited to 2gig RAM. Now is SRP Player Pro available in a 64bit version. What have others done to overcome this problem as I dont think I will be alone. The model that Iam having the problem with isnt overly complicated and Iam only doing part of it, though using a small ball nose bit. Any ideas suggestions. I have looked at a few other cad/cam software but they are alot more complicated than SRP Player, so dont really want to use anything else.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: SRP Player not enough memory error - HELP

Post by mrtn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 am

I suggest getting a modern CAM application (64-bit available) like VisualMILL or similar. You'll run into a wall quick with SRP Player, especially with multi-process and region organizing.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

robgor

Post by robgor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:05 am

thanks mrtn for your reply. I have looked at a few CAM applications and they are alot more complicated than SRP Player, Iam new to this so thats why I like SRP player as it very simple. Is SRP Player Pro 64bit?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 am

I don't think so.

I agree it's simple to use, a very visual and straightforward process.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am

Hi robgor,

We supply SRP Player as a easy to use CAM software, but if you are finding that is is limited to you application, in the UK our reseller supplies Mayka CAM software, that is a a lot more advance and has many more features.
It is not too difficult to use, but not as easy as SRP Player.

If you are in the UK then send us an email to sales@roalnddg.co.uk or visit this page for a local reseller.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

robgor

Post by robgor » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:50 am

Ok I managed to fix the SRP Player not enough memory error for now by reloading and setting up the model I was working on. This isnt a guarantee that it wont happen again, so I think Iam going to need to find another cam software. Andrew Iam not in the UK, Iam in Australia. That Mayka CAM software is it available in a trial version where I can test it out first?

denis13k

Post by denis13k » Thu May 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi.
I found a solution to the problem http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php if you have 64-bit OS
patching
SRPPlayer.exe (it can be not necessary)
SRPCAM.exe

vexmatech
Location: MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.

Post by vexmatech » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 am

To correct this problem, increase the size of the desktop heap: 3d printing mumbai

Run Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key:

\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems
Select the Windows value.
From the Edit menu, choose String.
Increase the SharedSection parameter.

For Windows NT:
SharedSection specifies the system and desktop heaps using the following format:
SharedSection=xxxx,yyyy
Add ",256" or ",512" after the yyyy number.

For Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003:
SharedSection uses the following format to specify the system and desktop heaps:
SharedSection=xxxx,yyyy,zzzz
For 32-bit operating systems, increase the yyyy value to "12288";
Increase the zzzz value to "1024".
For 64-bit operating systems, increase the yyyy value to "20480";
Increase the zzzz value to "1024".