SRP Player MDX20

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to 3D prototyping and milling
Tommy1

SRP Player MDX20

Post by Tommy1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a MDX20 and i am very happy with it so far. I am getting to grips with the Modela 4 player and the set up required for double sided machining. I have noticed that the SRP player appears to have more capability than Modela 4 and i am interested to see how good it is. i have been looking to see if this software is downloadable, so far I have only been able to find the update files on the Roland website.

Can anyone confirm if it is downloadable and if so where from?

Thanks

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: SRP Player MDX20

Post by mrtn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 pm

SRP player is not licensed to use with MDX-20.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Tommy1

Post by Tommy1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:53 pm

HI,

I did think this but then i noticed this, http://www.rolanddga.com/products/softw ... atures.asp

and the ability to download the upgrade patch specifically for the MDX 20 on the Roland page....

or here http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/R ... ?pm=MDX-20 where it offers it as an option under training videos...

Any the wiser?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Pro is a separate package, a paid version with a USB dongle.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Tommy1

Post by Tommy1 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:05 am

Hi MRTN

That's what I thought but if you look at the attached image it offers both updates for standard and pro versions of SRP player... Is there anywhere I can download a version to try? I'm keen to use the part flipping and tag function.

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:28 am

Right. The updates are downloadable but not the installer. Even if you downloaded the installer from somewhere it wouldn't help much as the application requires a hardware dongle as a key to run. Once you have that you can download the updates from Roland web page.

I think SRP Player Pro has not been updated recently so you may have compatibility problems with newer computers. This has especially been a case with various dongle drivers over the years. I hope someone comments on this.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 am

Looks like I got myself in a muddle ignore my previous statement.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Post by Patrick Thorn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:51 pm

SRP Player is a paid for application. It is included only with MDX-40A and MDX-540 on CD.

SRP Player Pro, was a different application all together and was chargeable. As mentioned above post, it is an old application and no updates to latest windows etc has been made. Plus as Martin mentions you need 2 USB protection dongles. Here in the UK we have not supplied and do not support this SRP Player Pro.

All Roland Software is provided with the original machine on CD, or now we supply using our Roland OnSupport ("OnSupport") software required in order to use a machine. Machine serial numbers are recorded online automatically to verify the machine and the correct software allowed.

If you have the original CD installer and install that version, then you can access "Updaters and Drivers" from our download pages. Updaters for old software are still provided here, in case you are running a system from years ago.

If you have lost the original software installers, then please contact your local Roland DG and they will check the machine is registered and send you the necessary software that is compatible with your machine.

We have MDX15/20 support documents here.

With the new Monofab SRM-20 and due to customer demand, we use Modela Player v4.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk