Hi, New guy here - SG-540

Come in and introduce yourself
Lasercut.London

Hi, New guy here - SG-540

Post by Lasercut.London » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:04 am

Hey,

My name is Chris and I own a company called Lasercut.London based in Charlton, London.

I purchased a roland SG-540 for my first foray into digital printing and finding out that it was not the best Idea for an "occasional" printer!

So many obstacles to overcome, and after 8-9 months things are slowly settling down.

My normal work involves a lot of design, mostly of physical objects that I create using the Laser, 3D printing or by hand tools.

I bought the printer as so much of my work is for brands with last min requirements, and all too often the people that could supply last min print and cut were also of poor quality so I decided to buy my own.

As I got the printer in October 2016 its basically had a lot of new parts owing to being a 1st gen, but there are certain things its still doing that I dont know if its standard printer issues, or just specific to this machine.

I also want to learn to print more consistently, as print as a "world" is new to me, and so many companies still dont have colour profiles for their materials and the SG-540!

anyway, thanks for having such a great forum - I will always do my best to reply but please forgive me if its late as Im a one man band doing 14+hr days.

www.lasercut.london

Kai Perry

Re: Hi, New guy here - SG-540

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, if you have any question feel free to ask.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Lasercut.London

Re: Hi, New guy here - SG-540

Post by Lasercut.London » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 am

Thank you, I definitely have a few questions :)