lines on solid color prining

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
jagath.rasika

lines on solid color prining

Post by jagath.rasika » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:27 am

Hi,

I have Sp540i and when I printing solid color patches horizontal lines appearing after 60-70% printing is done. I did printing on high speed mode and standard mode. On both options same issue comes up.

Please anyone advise me on this. Machine is brand new only used 9 months.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: lines on solid color prining

Post by mrtn » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:06 am

Original inks? Is the machine leveled?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

GUY DESILVA

Re: lines on solid color prining

Post by GUY DESILVA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:53 pm

1. Your heads are good

2. If Your Test Print is good (mostly cause its not solid block of color)
that tells you where your problem is at.

Its the Media Advance correction factor.

Your Vinyl is feeding too fast causing a overlap for every pass of the print head. (if band lines appear dark TOO FAST) & (if light feed is to slow)

so in your case that perticular material may need to be adjusted.
Now this can be a problem that may not have persisted before but will build up after many hours of opertaion or head strikes.

It is reccomended that before the load of a vinyl mayerial a test be done and feed adjusted for that material.

I tend to do this between Regular HP printable white vinyl like AVERY 2000 to 3M White printable REflective vinyl.
as materials have two distinct thickness nad rigidness.

solution - listed below on how to get to on a Roland XC 540
In Your Printer there is an option

MENU -(SCROLL DOWN) ADJ-BI DIRECTION - (SCROLL RIGHT) THEN (SCROLL DOWN) - ADVANCE TEST PRINT : SELECT THAT N HIT ENTER

WILL PRINT A FEED CALIBARTION TEST PRINT FOR EVERY ONE OF YOUR HEADS. YOU NEED A FLASH LIGHT FOR NEXT PART OR VERY WELL LIT AREA BY PRINTER.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT EVERY LINE IN THOSE PRINTS AND SELECT THE NUM THAT HAS THE SINGLE VERTICAL LINE WITH NO OVERLAP. THIS MUST BE DONE FOR EVERY HEAD SO THAT THE CHOSEN NUM IS ENTERED BACK INTO THE PRINTER REPRESENTING THE CLEANEST LINE. ( FOLLOW TUTORIAL ON ADJUSTING BI DIRECTION) ALSO IN YOUR PRINTER MANUAL.) iF YOU DO THIS FOR THE MATERIAL YOU ARE PRINTING ON, AND YOU PICK THE RIGHT CALIBRATION YOUR BANDING ISSUES WILL BE GONE IF YOUR PRINT HEADS N TEST PRINT ARE AT OPTIMAL OPERATIONAL CAPACITY.