versaworks application has stopped working

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
winks

versaworks application has stopped working

Post by winks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi All

have been using versaworks on windows 8 for a few years . All has been working fine but today I sent a job over from signlab and Versaworks crashed (Versaworks appliacation has stopped working)
Now whenever I start versaworks up I get this error.

I have deleted jobs from job a and job b files from my hard drive document files as I understand that they can occasionally become corrupted .

However i have noticed every time i start versaworks up . As it loads up and just before the crash happens A job appears in queue A and stays at 0% loading status. It is just a long random list of letters and numbers starting with ACFrO........
I have never noticed this file when everything was working so am guessing it is something to do with the errors!

Is there a way to fix this problem without reinstalling?
Thanks in advance

Kai Perry

Re: versaworks application has stopped working

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:20 pm

First close VersaWorks and then look at the VersaWorks folder and delete any files in job A & B and also input A & B.

The check the input folder for any temp files.

If this doesn't work you could try initialising VersaWorks before a full installation.

It sounds like a file is being added to the queue upon opening.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

winks

Re: versaworks application has stopped working

Post by winks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi Kai

Thanks for getting back. That worked a treat. I had deleted everything out of Job A & B but not input A & B. The long temp file was in the input folders and once deleted it now works again

Thanks
Winks