Print high quality picture but it will be pixelated

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
Julischka89

Print high quality picture but it will be pixelated

Post by Julischka89 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello everybody,

we have big problem. Maybe we fail to understand but it will not work. I think we only have a wrong reasoning, so I hope you can help us.

We have a nice picture with the following measure:
6361 x 4241px
300dpi

But we want to print a big photographic wallpaper with the measure (3,90 x 3,20m):
32000 x 26256px

So it is nearly the fivefold. I searched a lot of stockpicture-platforms for such a big one, but nobody have it. Therefore I think it is only a misunderstanding by myself.

How can I print the little one so big in a high quality without pixelated?! We have the Roland VS 649i.

Or maybe it is not possible? Then it will be great if you can tell me platforms which have such big pictures. :)

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot. :)

Kai Perry

Re: Print high quality picture but it will be pixelated

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 am

I would scale the image to the full size using Photoshop or similar, then print a portion of the file.

This would show how pixelated it is likely to be, although remember the viewing distance that the image will have when in place, to determine how pixelated it will look.

You can also potentially use a slight gaussian blur to remove the pixels.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

GUY DESILVA

Re: Print high quality picture but it will be pixelated

Post by GUY DESILVA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:21 pm

If your pic is from a dslr type camera which i think by your file size it is. You should be able to scale to that mentioned size with little loss of quality if you do it in Photo shop. also if your image is has white with good lighting you can change brightness up higher to hide pixelation without loosing detail.