Creating Perforated Stickers with a GS-24

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
osgx

Re: Creating Perforated Stickers with a GS-24

Post by osgx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 am

Any help would be most appreciated

linusco

Post by linusco » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi. I was having the same trouble and figured it out. The way they do the controls is confusing so hopefully this will help.

Under "Cut Settings" the Cutting force (middle of the window) is the PERFORATING force not the force to cut the vinyl so it should be enough force to cut through the material and the liner. I have this set at 115 gf with a 60 degree blade.

Under Perforated Cutting Conditions (Lower part of the window) , this is the force to cut through the material but not the liner. I have this set at a little higher than normal so it scores the paper a small bit. I have this set at 60 gf (normally, I would set it at 50 gf).

Be sure that you adjust your blade depth so that it has sufficient depth to cut through the material and the liner.

Perforation length is the length that it will cut at 115 gf (all the way through the liner).
The Half-cut length is the length that it leaves behind and cuts only the material.

For 3M 2200 I have it set at 0.5" and 0.1". If the decal separates while cutting, I would increase the second one for simple shapes. For complex shapes, I would decrease the first one.

osgx

Post by osgx » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Many thanks for your help
I am still unable to resolve as what I am to trying to create is transfers that I can give to customers at lets say A5 size perforated and trims to the design in one hit at the moment I can set up the perfs from your info fine but I am unable to alter the down force of the cut lines and perforated lines when they are cut in one pass.

Also I was wondering how you can cut thru material at 115 gf as I have to set mine Cut force at 340 gf just so it can go thru material unless I am missing something or my settings are all wrong see attached screenshot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 21.42.33.png