Roland XC-540 Not printing correctly

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
PeterAnjos

Roland XC-540 Not printing correctly

Post by PeterAnjos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Hello,

Our Roland XC-540 no longer can print grey.

Here is the file we are trying to print. Attached is what it looked like 2 years ago compared to now.

Same exact print file just dragged into versa works. File was created in Illustrator.

Settings in versa works:

General Vinyl 1
High Quality
Pre Press US

Tried Density Control etc.. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Peter Anjos

Last edited by PeterAnjos on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterAnjos

Re: Roland XC-540 Not printing correctly

Post by PeterAnjos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 pm

How's the nozzle test print? Looks like heavy misting.

PeterAnjos

Post by PeterAnjos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:32 pm

The black is overlapping. All the other colors are fine.

Thanks,
Peter Anjos

PeterAnjos

Post by PeterAnjos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:56 am

I would look at replacing the black head on the machine as this has failed, you may need associated parts as well as you have nozzle deflection on a couple of other heads.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

PeterAnjos

Post by PeterAnjos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Thank you for this.

Peter Anjos

GUY DESILVA

Post by GUY DESILVA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Rolands naturaly will print blues more purple and greys brown to purple if the file has rgb in its properties.

1. make sure your print file is exported as a .eps or high res PDF with color set by Pantone color chart in your design software. or at very least with CMYK values. Use a pantone grey and a blue in your print file is best.

2 in your rip soft ware load the file, in versa works use the file format tab to go into your SPOT COLOR replacement and switch spot color to versa works pantone library solid coated and pick your matching PMS color numbers you already have in your file. Make sure you have check box clicked for spot color replacemet. You can also create a new library and add the CMYK or LAB values you sent in Design Program to the file in versa works so that both have same exact color values. This should most cases print amatching color. if the printer is out of gamut for these PMS in PMS color library then best to maually assign the spot color like i mentioned above in versa works by creating new color library in your edit-spot color setting.

3. If the spot match from Versa Works Pantone library is not fixing it then switch in Versa works to Roland Color library and pick a grey and blue from there as your spot replacements. this will work in almost all cases. If printing spot color from roland color library does not produce a grey as intended then a problem with your inks or heads maybe culprit. DO a ink purge, clean heads manually. try again using only versa works - roland color library - grey n blue. use this to determine if your printer can print grey and if it does then its just a matter of setting the spot color attributes to your file. IN ALL My cases a print from Roland Library will print color you seen on your screen if it does then you know your printer is fine. its the file and your Rip software the issue.

ALSO that test print black needs cleaning, try 5 to 10 automatic normal cleans if does not correct try a manual clean and do not swipe the swab over the head. just drench the swab in cleaning solution then hold it flat againt the print head for 3 mintues. let the solution suck out the ink. do not move swab across the head. then go back n do a test print and any further cleaning do on auto- normal. I have same machine and that test shown above is easily fixed without replacing heads. Its not your heads that causing the problem. its the data being sent to your printer. I had this same problem after a 2 years of use my blues are purple and greys are more brown to magenta. I KNow my printer can print perfect grey in many ranges using Roland Color Library so i ended up using PMS sopt colors on all my files if i can help it. Using that in versa works with PMS spot color replacement resolved this issue for me.