ROLAND GX-24 PROBLEM

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
curt@kustomapparel

ROLAND GX-24 PROBLEM

Post by curt@kustomapparel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello everyone this is my first post in the forum so I apologise if this is the wrong place. I have owned my CAMM-1 Servo GX-24 for 5 or 6 years now and never had a major problem with it i love it! Anyway over the last few months it has started throwing up a few errors such as 'Bad position' when trying to set a job despite the material being correctly under the pinch rollers. I have opened it up got rid of any dust etc and it continued to throw up errors. I've made sure the machine isnt exposed to much direct sunlight or light in general (as suggested in another forum) but obviously there's only so much you can do or you'll be working in the dark haha! Also a bit of a weird one I suspected it might be too cold in my shop and that is the reason it's causing the errors so when it started playing up I put a oil heater near it to heat it and the room up and it works, the only thing is it seems to be doing it more and more and it's like working in an oven consantly having the heating on. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem as i'm tearing my hair out here as when it works it works perfectly!!

any help appreciated

thanks curt@kustomapparel

Kai Perry

Re: ROLAND GX-24 PROBLEM

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:37 pm

The error is likely down to the cut carriage cable giving you intermittent setup errors, what other errors have you been getting?
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk