Heat press marks

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Alan

Heat press marks

Post by Alan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am

We all get heatpress marks when decorating garments. Here are some tips to help.

Plastic garments – polyester/poly cotton and similar often show a press mark, on these it is usually caused by a slight melt to the surface fabric from the hard Teflon surface giving a sheen to the surface.

To minimise this place a teatowel or similar over the fabric and design and press though the towel, you will need to increase the timings slightly. About 5/10 seconds more depending on the thickness of the towel. This will prevent the surface sheen.

On very delicate fabrics, like some of the new sports tops, a lower than usual temperature is needed to prevent marking. Those who came to the TheMagicTouch stand at the sign show saw the new 123 garment flex, this apart from its quick press possibilities has an unusual property. You can press at 120 ºC, way below the usual 150/160 of heat press materials. This prevents heat press marking on the sports fabrics.
Don’t think you can press in 3 seconds and hot peel at this temperature though! 15 seconds and allow the garment time to cool before peeling is the setting.

Samples of the 123 flex can be had from us, send me a PM on the forum.

Alan

Mal
Silver Member

Re: Heat press marks

Post by Mal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Alan,

Great tips re towels and pressing times..... i use 123 at lot and love it...

I would love a free piece but I can't PM in this forum.... I asked for the facility sometime ago, but the computer said no :-(
Mal Dewhurst
mal@dewhursts.com

Using a SP540i with Versaworks V4.6, CoralDRAW X3 and SignLab 9

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 am

no PM's :( did not notice that, ah well for those who haven't tried 123, samples can be had by emaiing me

sawdust
Gold Member

Post by sawdust » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I would like to give it a go Alan whats your email mine is alanbowman007@ntlworld.com
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:19 pm

hmm I thought the forum allowed email to members who set yes in the control panel. Email me at anorman at themagictouch dot co dot uk, and I'll get some sent out - probably a random colour unless you ask :roll: