C-Print PU wont adhere to garment

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Logo

C-Print PU wont adhere to garment

Post by Logo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:02 pm

I am the owner of a new Roland BN-20. I have been testing my print and cut capabilities and the various substrates and materials I have recently purchased with the equipment. One of my goals is custom garment decoration. I purchased some Siser C-Print PU along with TTD Easy as well as some C-Print NEW with TTD Advanced from Grafityp in the UK. While I am not a fan of the paper backing on the C-Print NEW and the poor adhesion to the TTD advanced, I have managed to make it work.

My problem is with the C-Print PU and the TTD Easy. I run a print and cut job through the BN-20 on C-Print PU substrate. It prints and weeds perfectly. I then apply the TTD Easy transfer paper and the vinyl will not adhere to the TTD Easy properly. After a lot of playing around I finally get a single decal to transfer to the TTD Easy. I then apply the heat press according to the manufacturers exact recommendations (165c for 20 sec. at medium pressure) and attempt to remove the transfer paper hot as instructed. The decal did not even come close to adhering to the 100% cotton t-shirt. I tried various temps and times and pressures and nothing has worked.

I then tried one last thing just out of pure frustration. I ran my print and cut, weeded the job, didn't use the TTD Easy and just applied the weeded decal print side down onto the t-shirt and applied the heat press. Magically the decal adhered so well that it is impossible to remove it. So I think to myself, how is this possible. Have I printed on the wrong side of the vinyl, but that is impossible due to the backing material.

So why does the vinyl stick then I apply the surface that should be printed on, and not stick when I apply the transfer paper and heat press with the printed side up? Sorry for the lengthy description but I want to provide as many details as possible so I get a reasonable answer. Am I having a blond moment?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: C-Print PU wont adhere to garment

Post by mrtn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm

You may have gotten wrong media from the supplier. I have had some weeding problems with CP New, the adhesive in some batches has been so strong that it rips off some of the backing paper. No problems with PU so far.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

sawdust
Gold Member

Post by sawdust » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:18 am

Do you let the print de gas over night and we use very low cut pressure around 40 :geek:
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user

imtiazroz

Post by imtiazroz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:51 am

Stuff like that used to be sold for at least 1M at Pacific,but I do not see any sold during the times I go online. Nobody buys, probably.

Leather Garments

Logo

Post by Logo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks for the responses. I use 40 grams pressure to be sure not to even score the backing paper. The supplier is shipping me out some new material as they say perhaps they shipped the wrong product.

Does anyone else use another manufacturers product and like it? Something non Siser perhaps? I would prefer something that can be used on cotton, polyester, and lycra or nylon.