Siser CU print and TTD Evolution help

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
Shaun Senior

Siser CU print and TTD Evolution help

Post by Shaun Senior » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:09 am

Anyone using Siser CuPrint transfer media and TTD Evolution transfer tape? If so how do you get it to peel off the PU? having limited success, we were advised to lay the transfer material on the transfer, squeegee the transfer tape over the top with "LOADS" of force and then turn over and remove the backing material. Done that but some parts of the transfer do not seem to stick to the TTD or are not peeling from the backing damaging the transfer. Only started using this stuff this week so I'm sure it's a feely thing or nack...

Any hints or tips would be welcome...
Shaun

Shaun@spectrumpromotions.co.uk

2 x Tajima Neo embroidery machines
Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press
Loads of mid night oil and elbow grease

Mal
Silver Member

Re: Siser CU print and TTD Evolution help

Post by Mal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Shaun

I use Siser C-Print PU and was told to reduce the cutting force down to about 45/50gf. The problem with greater cutting forces is that the cut material is forced into the scored carrier and makes it difficult to remove with the TTD.

I had the same problems as you describe but now it seems to be fine everytime.

Mal
Mal Dewhurst
mal@dewhursts.com

Using a SP540i with Versaworks V4.6, CoralDRAW X3 and SignLab 9

Wolfie
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Sounds very similar to when cutting vinyl and you go a little too deep on the cut and so the vinyl backing sheet delaminates and comes away with the vinyl in areas, as Mal says could be too much cutting force used, drop me a A4 sheet in the post and I will be happy to test it for you.

On another note, Shaun how are you doing with the printer, any problems just let me know.

Wolfie (aka Nigel @ Grafityp)

Shaun Senior

Post by Shaun Senior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 am

Wolfie wrote:Sounds very similar to when cutting vinyl and you go a little too deep on the cut and so the vinyl backing sheet delaminates and comes away with the vinyl in areas, as Mal says could be too much cutting force used, drop me a A4 sheet in the post and I will be happy to test it for you.

On another note, Shaun how are you doing with the printer, any problems just let me know.

Wolfie (aka Nigel @ Grafityp)

Hi Nigel,

Despite my post really we have have made progress since leaving your offices on Friday (thank you for Leigh's and your time and help on the day :) ) back on topic.

Mal, thank you for your input done exactly what you said above with the cut pressure we had it on 50gms so dropped to 45gms and the PU weeded very easily as you said :o , laid on the TTD and squeegee'd it in place. Right heres were it went wrong... pulling the backing off slowly it still pulled and wrinkled the transfer to distruction... After three attempts trying to remove the TTD and transfer slowly I'd had enough so pulled it off with a bit of passion (if you get what I mean) an low and behold the rest of the transfer came of perfectly? so cut another transfer which is wording "British Invasion" and laid the TTD over it Squeegee'd as required and removed sharply and it came off with no damage...

Go on I can hear you lot now "well how else would you remove TTD?" It's a feely thing but not got it yet... Another daft question how do you remove your transfers and TTD?

Plus the transfer is 36cm (w) x 12 cm (H) width is in process direction the last 6-8cm from the end of the transfer farest away from the print head home position the cut fades to nothing obviously not cutting the transfer? yep got cut lines in all the way across, the media is in all the right places as far as I can see. Prints are good I would say 18cm of the left hand side of the roll as you look at the machine isn't getting cut?? Have reloaded the media but still the same...

This post now has been open 2.5 hours as I experiment, and I'm now fed up...
Shaun

Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:17 am

Shaun, the image is not overlapping a pinch roller is it? This could stop the edge of the transfer cutting. I take it, it has all printed and just the cut line is missing?
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Julio Moor

Post by Julio Moor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:39 am

Shaun, I have just seen your signature! Congrats on being the proud owner of a BN20, how you getting on with it?
Julio
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

Shaun Senior

Post by Shaun Senior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Julio Moor wrote:Shaun, the image is not overlapping a pinch roller is it? This could stop the edge of the transfer cutting. I take it, it has all printed and just the cut line is missing?
Hi Julio,

No 12cm away from the pinch rollers it's almost as if the cut lines fade away.

Shaun
Shaun

Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press

Shaun Senior

Post by Shaun Senior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Julio Moor wrote:Shaun, I have just seen your signature! Congrats on being the proud owner of a BN20, how you getting on with it?

Getting there, pleased with it just learning how to use various media's, settings, etc with the machine which is to be expected so you may see some strange questions from me over the next few weeks but nothing someone else won't have come across and can help with. It's that learning again. The print quality is superb and we do a few things "value added" for a customer we previously used Ultragraphics for to produce, and the difference is unbelievable now the colour printing is done on the BN-20. We now have some colour capability we can proudly promote to our customers instead of walking away from it as we have done for over 12 months now.

I struggled initially with Versaworks but Grafityp who we bought the BN-20 from helped us with that, and to be fair have been very supportive with all our queries so far (thank you Nigel ;) ). So yes pleased with the BN-20 and what it is capable of doing. We just need to practice and get a few jobs under the belt to boost the confidence and well have it earning it's keep...

Cheers

The Noobs to colourgraphic's
Shaun

Wilcom Decostudio e2
Coreldraw X5
Roland GX-24 cutter
Roland BN-20
Adkins heat press

John Wilson

Post by John Wilson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Had problems lately myself with cutting the siser PU print, anyone had any joy using a Smart Blade with this material? Tried dropping the force down to 35 and it's still snagging slightly so don't know if it's just my setup even though the blade works with every other material that I use it with

Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Post by Adam Wyles » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 am

Personally I have always used the Roland Blades in a Roland and you always get the best results doing so. Smart blades are very good - but not as good as the real deal (just my own opinion)

Ad
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1