Siser CU print and TTD Evolution help

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to promotional and corporate gift production
printworksqld

Re: Siser CU print and TTD Evolution help

Post by printworksqld » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 am

Hi Shaun,

I have a BN-20 and since new it has cut unevenly, it cuts lighter on 1 side than the other. I just increase the pressure to compensate. However on Colorprint PU it's hard to weed & pull off the backing. We also now have a VS300 which cuts very evenly but haven't tried it at 45g. We were using Colorprint PU gloss and having all sorts of trouble, we switched to PU flat and everything worked great, even the colours were vibrant, Siser now have released a new PU flat and it's terrible, we are back to the same problems as the gloss, very difficult to get off the backing as well as dull colours. It also attracts dirt easily as it has a really flat rubbery feel.

Roland should really come up with a fix for the BN-20 cutting unevenly, just google the problem & you will find many other frustrated users having the same cutting problem, mine is mild & I can live with it but others seem to have much worse problems. The only way I get it to cut properly is to increase the pressure which causes the above problems with PU. Be interesting what Roland have to say.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:10 am

Which type of blade/holder do you use?, instead of increasing the force have you extended the blade?

Have you raised the issue with your local Roland team at all, or had an engineer look at the machine.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I have not sold very many BN-20s but so far there have not been any cutting pressure complaints.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram