Versaworks Dual_Dry time does not function

2ny

Versaworks Dual_Dry time does not function

Post by 2ny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am

Hi.
I have a problem with the printer controls in Versaworks. I print stickers that I need to let dry a couple of minutes before they are cut, and set the values in Printer controls in Versaworks for this to happen. But the printer just goes on to cut straight after the printing is done. This has functioned earlier, so I suspect an upgrade either in Versaworks or firmware for our Truevis SG-540 is the cause. I use Versaworks Dual 1.1.6.11 and the machine has the latest 220 firmware. Anyone else experienced this error lately/after an upgrade?

Best regards
Tony K.

Kai Perry

Re: Versaworks Dual_Dry time does not function

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Can you check if the feed for dry option turned on, as this may interfere with the function.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

2ny

Post by 2ny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am

I checked feed for dry in the printers menu, and this was DISABLED (default). And of course; when I set the values from the printers menu and print/cut, this works as it should. But this means that the control from Versaworks itself has been lost during an update I guess. I would call this a step backwards, as it is much more convenient to adjust these controls through each different job in versaworks rather then setting a static value on the printer.

P.S. There has been added a new value under feed for dry besides DISABLED/ENABLED called P&C. I assume this means PRINT & CUT. And I assume this means that if you send a job that includes print and cut in the same operation these parameters apply. They really should include a "whats new" textfile in the firmware files I think. :idea:

Best regards
Tony K.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 am

2ny wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am
..as it is much more convenient to adjust these controls through each different job in versaworks rather then setting a static value on the printer.
The values are saved in printer PRESET memory, so it's not completely static. You can recall different settings by loading the specific setting.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram