Cut going out of alignment in versawork

GUY DESILVA

Re: Cut going out of alignment in versawork

Post by GUY DESILVA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Its never an isuue with versa works when it comes to cut contour paths. Versa only displays the information as it is in your file. The reason could be that your incorder strip tension could be to loose and needs to be adjusted or cable for blade needs to be adjusted. In this case you can try to be more exact on how you line up the crop marks with the cut blade path. make sure the sheet of vinyl is straight and both crop marks at start is at center of your blade. (*Move your blade over each of the first two crop marks AND SEE IF THE BLADE IS SET AT CENTER OF THOSE MARKS. THEN PROCEED TO CUT AND SEE.) iF ITS STILL OUT OF ALIGNMENT, YOUR CUT BLADE CABLE MAY BE SLIGHTLY LOOSE.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION: PRINT YOUR GFX WITH A .25" BLEED ALL AROUND CUT PATH SO EVEN IF ITS OFF IT WILL STILL BE CUTTING WHAT YOU NEED.

clearpoint
Bronze Member

Post by clearpoint » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm

I am having a similar issue myself today with this, our machine has decided to cut 5mm out where it should be, we have been doing fine until this job came along, best thing is, it is a job that went fine on our previous machine.

I have looked up how to correct the cut alignment in the manual but i can not find the right place on the machine to adjust it, when i say to do a test cut, all it does is do a test cut, no printing and then a test cut, what am i doing wrong?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Which machine? It's pretty much the same on all Rolands: MENU > CUTTING MENU > PRINT&CUT ALIGNMENT
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

clearpoint
Bronze Member

Post by clearpoint » Tue May 02, 2017 10:09 am

How very odd,

Came into work this morning, done a few routine tests eg did a power off to reset everything, maintanence etc and now the printer is cutting fine, sometimes technology has a way of messing with your head big time lol.

Customml

Post by Customml » Thu May 04, 2017 5:19 am

I think you need to adjust your printer. You versaworks is fine