File Permissions with VersaWorks Dual

advisionsigns

File Permissions with VersaWorks Dual

Post by advisionsigns » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm being forced to run VW Dual as admin in order for it to update or acknowledge contour cut lines. This kind of stinks because it removes the ability to drag and drop files into queues. Also it seems unnecessary seeing as I didn't have to do that in regular VersaWorks.

No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, running the installer in admin or not, and on any patch it doesn't fix it. Is this like a corrupt registry entry that stays behind after uninstall or something?

Also side note it seems like its ripping slower than on regular VW even though this computer should be taking advantage of the 64 bit benefits. This might just be my brain playing tricks on me though.

Kai Perry

Re: File Permissions with VersaWorks Dual

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

We are aware of the issue, it has affected VersaWorks since Windows 7, usually it occurs if you initialise the software.

You could try unistalling and then searching for VersaWorks Dual and then deleting any folders you find, then reinstall.

Rip times may be different between the two RIPS because of the different engines that are used.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

advisionsigns

Post by advisionsigns » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks Kai. I'll give that a shot.

lolfailure

Post by lolfailure » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Sorry to necro this thread but I have searched everywhere for a solution to this problem with no success. Another side effect of running as administrator is that Versaworks stops seeing my mapped network drives. At my shop we work off of a network drive that we save all our projects to, so now in order to load something to the print queue I have to copy it off the network drive then navigate through the explorer windows to add it into the queue. Not a big deal once but it's a pretty big deal to do hundreds of times a day, which I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and cleaned registry with ccleaner, etc.. even had a certified roland tech look at it and he more or less told me I'm stuck with the workaround.

"We are aware of the issue" is a pretty disappointing response to get when we're giving your company thousands upon thousands of dollars... Any updates here?

advisionsigns

Post by advisionsigns » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm

No worries. I actually forgot to update this thread. I did what was suggested and it was successful. I uninstalled then searched whole computer for versawotks dual. Some miscellaneous files popped up in like my user data folders. I deleted those and reinstalled and it works perfectly now. I didnt have to scrub the registry or anything. Just deleted those pesky files. If you've done that and it didn't work then I'm afraid I don't have any other info that could help.