Versaworks Dual..

weevee

Versaworks Dual..

Post by weevee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi chaps

I recently downloaded the Versaworks Dual software (for Windows 7/ BN20 with metallic ink set-up), having updated everything else first. However, I've found that any adjustments I make to the media type and/or colour profiles in Dual can't be seen in effect on the file format screen (..as they are in the old Versaworks). With Versaworks Dual, every setting I choose looks the very same. Neither will it print in metallic ink - as I discovered this morning when I had to revert to using the 'old' software instead. Any suggestions on what could be the cause?

Cheers
Steve

Kai Perry

Re: Versaworks Dual..

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi Steve,

Give our support team on 01275 335540 and raise a case for this, we can then log in and have a look at the problem.

Out of interest which version are you now running?
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

weevee

Post by weevee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi Kai, thanks for the reply and sorry to be slow in answering. I gave up on Versaworks Dual (version 1.6.8) since nothing I did seemed to help matters. I've since reverted back to using the original Versaworks (..it's version 5.2.0).

My BN20 is just set up in a bedroom at home, and - so far as I can tell - the chap who did the installation didn't link it to any IP address (..there are no numbers in the address box??) - so I don't think the support team could actually log in. I have very little understanding of such things, to be honest - but I know I've never received any automatic updates etc. in the two years I've had the printer. Manually downloading Versaworks Dual was the first ever 'update' I've attempted!

I do wonder whether there'd be any benefit to me using 'Dual', in fact. Is it a worthwhile upgrade for someone who's only printing decals on a small-scale?

Steve

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:32 pm

Yes, Dual is superior.

BN-20 is a USB device, no ip needed.

weevee

Post by weevee » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:06 am

Cheers mrtn, that would explain it!

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Benefits wise it depends if you are using a BN-20 with White as the generate special colour plate is really useful for this.

Also having the PDF engine will stop you having transparency issues.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk